Successful weight loss is maintained indefinitely through diet, exercise and behavioral therapy. Calorie intake varies by gender, age and physical activity must be maintained by eating all of nutrients in appropriate proportions. Diets promoted by the media (highly energy-restricted diets, diets differentiated, high protein, etc.) cause weight loss without a confirmed scientific basis and promise quick results with minimal effort. This weight loss is due to energy shortages and the long term, can lead to nutritional deficiencies.
It will establish the first target weight and how long it must be reached, avoiding feasible targets that may cause loss of self esteem, depression. To reduce excess fat, weight loss stepwise, with periods of weight loss, weight maintenance periods alternating with periods in which respect the same basic rules of healthy eating. Be considered as an optimal weight loss of 0.5 to 1 kg per week, 3-4 kg per month, which will cause a decrease of 10-15% of initial weight during the first year. Interruption of diets will be gradual to prevent weight gain after stopping the cure or the occurrence of metabolic disorders.
Diet should respect tradition, religion, financial possibilities and eating habits. Make up a menu will pursue its a great variability both in terms of type of preparation and presentation of them to get an appetite, which trigger and maintain digestive secretions necessary for proper digestion.
Meet these basic rules:
- Calorie intake will be divided into three meals and two snacks, avoiding eating between them;
- Breakfast is compulsory;
- Portion size should be reduced;
- Fixed table creation and maintenance of stimulating reflexes of the digestive secretions. The main course will be consistent, like having a role in triggering appetite and is represented by appetizers, soup. And eat dessert at the meal, preferably fruit, assuring satiety;
- It is recommended daily intake of grains, fruits and vegetables. Also recommended fat dairy products and meat should be poultry, beef or fish. Energy value of various foods to be known, using tables and learning to study the labels on products sold;
- Avoid products with calorie density, high in carbohydrates and fat, and sugar products, meat and meat derived from fat, animal fat, hydrogenated vegetable oils, whole milk products etc.
- The amount of salt should be reduced to a maximum of 6 g / day, and the fluid at least 2 liters a day;
- Avoid consumption of alcohol, as well as being caloric, disinhibited and it stimulates the appetite;
- Quitting smoking is another objective of the improvement of lifestyle;
- We recommend daily physical activity practice, the easiest is walking;
- To avoid any other activity during the meal;
- Keep a journal to assess caloric intake, type and duration of exercise performed.